Friday, February 27, 2015

Loosening the Faith - Epiphany in Lent

In some ways it might breed up panic, a fear, to hear the words "I'm loosening the faith." When those words flitted through my head this morning, they scared me. Was I facing a dark time? Was I headed into a wilderness experience? Was this time of Lent, of giving up, going to be a time of giving up faith in Christ itself?

No. Definitely no. I am loosening the faith, not losing the faith.

I've long tried so hard. Prayed hard. Worked hard. Thought hard. Tried even harder. And even so, the status of life is not (on some levels, not at all) quite what I think the rewards for all that hard work at trying should yield.

And so comes Epiphany in Lent. As I loosen my faith, I understand differently now. I don't have to try so hard. You don't have to try so hard. Just live. Just breathe. And Trust. Just Trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment